- Loch and sea fishing – Boats available to hire from Dunlossit, Laggan and Islay Estates. Trout, Salmon, Mackerel, Pollack, Crab and Lobster. Also Islay Sea Adventures offer amazing boat tours giving you the chance to see the most spectacular wildlife that our shores have to offer – Seals, Porpoises and an abundant of seabirds. You may even catch sight of a Sea Eagle, Sea Otters and Dolphins.
- There are three RSPB reserves – Loch Gruinart Visitor Centre, Smaull and The Oa.
- Fantastic unspoilt beaches.
- Museum of Islay life in Port Charlotte and Finlaggan “The Lord of the Isles” historical site with visitor centre outside Ballygrant.
- Wildlife and bird tours with Wild Islay Birding.
- Islay Natural History Field Centre – in Port Charlotte, next to the SYH
- Award winning – MacTaggart Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool in Bowmore
- 18 hole quality links golf course at Machrie Hotel.
- Shooting – Deer, Game & Clay Pigeon, available from several Estates.
- Craft Shops and weekly craft fair
- Whisky Distilleries – all offer tours and shops. Bruichladdich also produces Gin for those who dislike Whisky.
- Award winning restaurants, all using local produce when in season.
- Islay Woollen Mill at Bridgend
- Branches of Bank of Scotland and Royal Bank of Scotland – are located in Bowmore
- Connecting ferries to the neighbouring islands of Jura & Colonsay – Day outings or two centre holidays are easily combined.
- Spectacular hill and coastal walks.
- Islay House Square: shops & brewery.
- Pony Trekking – Sanaigmore & Ballivicar Farm.
For more info as this is only a snapshot of all that Islay has to offer